TO DRINK: Kir Royal – sparkling wine with cassis liquor.
Shrimp, avocado and bacon salad boats with yoghurt mayonnaise
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 5ml (1 tsp) red wine vinegar
- 250ml (1 cup) sunflower oil
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 45ml (3 tbsp) Greek yoghurt
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 125g diced bacon
- 300g baby shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh chives, finely chopped
- 4 large loose Cos lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, quartered and sliced
- 8 caper berries
- 12 baby potatoes, cooked and halved
For the mayonnaise, place the egg yolk, mustard and vinegar in a food processor. While the blade is running, add the oil in a thin stream, allowing the mixture to come together slowly.
When all the oil is incorporated, add a small squeeze of lemon juice and the yoghurt and season. Set aside.
For the salad, heat a pan and add the bacon and allow it to cook in its own fat until golden. Add the shrimp and garlic and fry until the shrimp is cooked, about 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the spring onion, chives and 45ml (3 tbsp) of the mayonnaise. Adjust seasoning.
To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each plate, add the avocado and top with the shrimp mixture and caper berries.
Season the potatoes and drizzle with mayonnaise. Serve alongside the boats.