- 400g white fish, finely chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 45ml (3 tbsp) rice flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
- 1 lemon, sliced, to serve
Combine the fish, egg whites, ginger, coriander and flour in a bowl. Season and mix well.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add heaped tablespoons of the fish mixture. Flatten each heap slightly with a spoon to form cakes and fry until golden, about 1 minute on each side. Drain.
Serve hot with the lemon and extra coriander, or freeze for later use and fry lightly to reheat.