Smoked haddock tart with fennel and leeks
- 450g cured smoked haddock fillets
- 20ml (4 tsp) butter
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 1 fresh fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh chives, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml fresh cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 pre-made puff pastry tart cases
- 120g Parmesan crème fraîche, to serve
- pink peppercorns, to serve
- beetroot sprouts, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Remove the skin and bones from the fish and flake into large chunks.
Melt the butter in a pan and fry the leeks and fennel for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the parsley and chives.
In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream and season.
Line the bottom of the tart cases with the leek mixture. Add the haddock and carefully spoon in the egg mixture.
Top with the Parmesan and bake until lightly set, about 20 minutes.
Serve warm, topped with a dollop of crème fraîche, a few pink peppercorns and beetroot sprouts.