Soft flower jellies topped with Champagne
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) dried hibiscus flowers
- 10ml (2 tsp) edible fragrant blossoms/flowers (orange, lime, lemon or geranium)
- 50ml sugar
- pinch salt
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 2 (4g) gelatine leaves, softened in a little cold water
- Champagne/sparkling wine, to top
Place the dried hibiscus flowers, edible flowers, sugar and salt in a glass jug and add the boiling water. Allow to infuse, 5 minutes, before removing the hibiscus pieces. Add the softened gelatine leaves and stir lightly to dissolve. Allow to cool.
Divide the mixture evenly among 6 Champagne flutes or tumbler glasses and refrigerate to set, 2 – 3 hours.
Top with ice-cold Champagne or sparkling wine and serve with a small spoon on the side.