- 400g spaghetti
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 1kg small clams, scrubbed clean
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried chilli flakes
- 250ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Parmesan, grated, to serve
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 8 – 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the clams, garlic and chilli flakes and coat well in the oil.
Add the wine and tomatoes, and season well. Allow to cook until the shells have opened, about 3 – 4 minutes. Discard any clams that have not opened.
Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan, toss well and adjust the seasoning.
Spoon into warm serving bowls. Scatter with the parsley, drizzle with extra olive oil, add a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of Parmesan.