A tasty hunger-fixer!
Recipe and styling by Anke Roux
Photograph by Neil Corder
Spaghetti with beetroot pesto
- 250g beetroot, cooked and peeled
- 50ml olive oil +extra, to serve
- 80g Parmesan, grated + extra, to serve
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped (optional)
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g spaghetti
Combine all the ingredients except the spaghetti and olive oil in a blender and blitz until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling water until al dente. Drain.
Toss the pesto through the hot spaghetti and serve immediately with extra Parmesan and olive oil.