- CHILLI BUTTER
- 50g butter, softened
- 2 red chillies, seeded and finely
- 8 sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
- 20g red onion, finely chopped
- 10g garlic paste
- PINEAPPLE AND PRUNE SALSA
- ½ fresh pineapple, cubed
- 5 sprigs fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 5 prunes, seeded and chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) black sesame seeds
- 5ml (1 tsp) white sesame seeds
- 45ml (3 tbsp) tarragon vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 20g chorizo, cut into julienne strips
- 100g Falkland Island calamari
- 30g chilli butter
- 25g pineapple and prune salsa
For the chilli butter, mix all of the ingredients together and refrigerate.
For the pineapple and prune salsa, mix all of the ingredients together and set aside.
For the Spanish calamari, heat a frying pan until smoking hot, add 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil and fry the chorizo for 1 minute. Add the calamari and chilli butter. Remove from heat.
Serve warm on toasted bread with pineapple and prune salsa.