- 65g butter, at room temperature
- 65g brown sugar
- 20ml (1 tbsp + 1 tsp) castor sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 8ml (1½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 60ml (¼ cup) milk infused with one cinnamon stick
- 125g (¼ cup) cake flour
- 2ml (½ tsp) bicarbonate of soda
Cream together the butter, brown sugar and castor sugar.
Add the yolk, cinnamon, salt and then the milk. Mix well then add the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
Spread the mixture out thinly (about 3mm) on a sheet of wax paper and bake at 180ºC for 20 minutes.