Recipe by Sarah Dall
There is always time to add a spring salad to your weekly diet – whether you make this your main meal or choose to add it on the side, this spring salad is lovely and light every time.
- 280g fresh peas
- 140g sugar snap peas
- 230g Tenderstem broccoli
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 150g bocconcini (baby mozzarella balls), torn
- 50g almond slivers, toasted
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) ground cumin
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) English mustard
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) honey
- 125ml (½ cup) olive oil
- pinch Maldon sea salt
- freshly ground mixed pepper, to serve
For the salad, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the peas, sugar snap peas and broccoli, 2 – 3 minutes. Drain and refresh in ice-cold water.
For the dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until well combined. Season with salt.
To assemble the salad, place the blanched vegetables and baby spinach on a large platter and scatter over the bocconcini and toasted almonds. Drizzle over the salad dressing just before serving, or serve on the side, and sprinkle with freshly ground mixed pepper, to taste.