An American classic with updated flavours. Summer meatloaf with roasted peppers is a robust and filling main dish. Perfect for adults and the kids!
Summer meatloaf with roasted peppers
- 1kg beef, minced
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 120g (2 cups) breadcrumbs
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) dried oregano
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100ml red wine
- 100ml tomato juice
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh basil leaves, torn
- 200g mozzarella, grated
- 100g sundried tomatoes, soaked, drained and chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Combine all the meatloaf ingredients and mix well. Spread onto a greased piece of 30cm x 20cm foil.
Scatter the filling ingredients over the mince and roll up as you would a roulade. Cover with the foil and bake for about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and keep tightly wrapped until cool.
Remove the foil and slice. Serve with roasted peppers.
To drink: Graham Beck Pino is a versatile match with mince dishes