Vegetable kimchi can be served as a main course for vegetarians or as an accompaniment to a meaty dish,
like the pork belly pictured here.
- 1 small white cabbage, shredded
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Maldon Sea Salt
- 60ml (¼ cup) rice vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sugar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) hot chilli paste
- 4cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
Combine the cabbage, salt, rice vinegar, sugar, chilli paste, ginger, garlic, spring onions and lime juice in a large bowl.
Mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Place on the table and serve with grilled meats.
This pickle gets spicier the longer it sits.