Fresh, summery and delicious! This sweet melon, feta and crunchy prosciutto salad is what summer is all about!
Sweet melon, feta and crunchy prosciutto salad
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 140g prosciutto
- 1 sweet melon, seeded and sliced into wedges
- 3 baby red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 handfuls fresh baby salad leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- handful fresh fennel leaves
- handful baby radishes (optional)
- handful baby spring onions (optional)
- 2 feta wheels, crumbled
- olive oil/Westfalia Avocado Oil Herb flavoured Infusion, to drizzle
- squeeze lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat the olive oil in a pan over high heat. Once hot, add the prosciutto slices in batches and fry until crunchy, 1 minute per side. Drain on paper towel.
To assemble the salad, place the melon wedges, red-onion slices, fennel bulb and leaves, baby radishes and baby spring onions, if desired, on a serving platter. Sprinkle with crumbled feta, drizzle with some olive- or avocado oil and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste, top with the crunchy prosciutto and serve immediately.
Recipe by Claire Ferrandi