Recipe by Claire Ferrandi
Sweet melon gazpacho with croutons
- Sweet melon gazpacho
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 500g sweet melon, seeded, peeled and cubed
- ¼ onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch chilli flakes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil + extra, to drizzle
- 190ml water + extra, if need
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 40g butter
- 1 seeded roll, torn into chunks
- small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped, to garnish
For the gazpacho, place all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. If necessary, add a little more water and blend again to thin down. Chill until ready to serve.
For the croutons, heat the olive oil and butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the torn bread pieces and fry until golden, about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
Serve the chilled soup in bowls. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with coriander and a handful of croutons.