Recipe by Claire Ferrandi and Dashania Murugas
Styling by Claire Ferrandi
Photograph by Dylan Swart
Sweet potato, haloumi and charred red pepper stack
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut in ½ and seasoned with salt
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- olive oil, to drizzle + extra, to serve
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into wide strips
- 1 x 320g block haloumi, cut in half horizontally
- handful fresh mint, chopped
- 2 – 3 red chillies, seeded and chopped
Light a charcoal fire and allow to burn to coals.
Place the sweet-potato halves and dried mixed herbs in a large rectangular foil dish. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss until the vegetables are coated well. Fold the sides of the foil dish over so as to cover the sweet potatoes and create a parcel. Place directly over the hot coals and braai, turning regularly, until the vegetables are cooked, 30 – 40 minutes.
While the sweet potatoes are cooking, place the red peppers and haloumi over the hot coals and braai until charred in places.
To serve, stack the sweet-potato halves, red pepper strips and haloumi pieces on top of each other, alternating the ingredients as you go. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with the fresh mint and chillies.