- 45ml (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 5 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 800g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 65g (½ cup) treacle sugar
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground nutmeg
Heat the oil in a medium pot. Add the cloves and cinnamon sticks to the oil and fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the pumpkin to the pot and fry for 5 minutes, stirring every now and then. Add the sugar, water and ground spices to the pumpkin and mix well.
Cook over medium heat, stirring every few minutes, until the pumpkin has softened and become sticky and sweet, about 25 minutes.
Serve with roast meat or a bredie.