Apple And Almond Crumble Recipe
This apple and almond crumble takes no time to throw together and is a warming treat during the colder months.
PREP TIME 20 minutes | TOTAL TIME 70 minutes | SERVES 8
- 125g butter
- 120g flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g demerara sugar
- 40g oats
- 20g flaked almonds
- 500g Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 500g red apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1tsp almond essence
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 50g caster sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C. To make the crumble topping, rub the butter, flour and ground almonds together until they resemble breadcrumbs. Stir through the demerara sugar, oats, almonds and a pinch of salt and set aside for later.
- In a large oven proof dish, mix the apples with the almond essence, lemon zest and juice, and caster sugar. Top the apple mixture with the crumble mixture.
- Bake the crumble for 50 mins, or until golden and crunchy on top. Serve with custard, ice cream or cream, whatever you prefer!
ALSO SEE: Apple crumble muffins