Tiger prawn, calamari and baby scallop ceviche
- small tiger prawns, cleaned, tails on
- 8 small calamari tubes
- 8 small scallops
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- juice of ½ a lime
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh chives, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh chervil, chopped
- ½ tomato, diced
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
Using a large bowl, combine the tiger prawns, calamari tubes and scallops with black pepper and lime juice. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
For the herb salad, toss all the herbs together in a bowl.
For the dressing, place the tomato in a mini food processor together with the olive oil and blend to form a purée.
To serve, place a ring cutter onto a serving plate and fill with the herb salad. Place the marinated calamari, prawns and scallops on top of the herb salad and carefully remove the ring cutter.
Dress the ceviche with the tomato dressing and drizzle extra olive oil around the plate to garnish.