Tomato, basil and feta brown and wild rice salad
- 200g brown and wild rice mix
- 350g baby Rosa tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil + 45ml (3 tbsp) extra
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 150g feta, crumbled
- juice of ½ a lemon
- a handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- a handful of fresh basil + extra to serv
Cook the brown and wild rice according to packet instructions and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the tomatoes, garlic, chilli, 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil and seasoning in a baking dish. Bake until the tomatoes are soft and sticky, about 20 minutes.
Combine the cooked rice, tomatoes, chickpeas, feta, lemon juice, coriander and basil in a large bowl. Adjust the seasoning and mix well.
Serve with extra basil.