We love tartare, and this is a new version of a classic. Serve with melba toast or fresh seed loaf. Remember that it doesn’t keep well as the lime juice “cooks” the fish, so serve it immediately.
Tuna tarttare with peppers, chillies, lime and asparagus, served on rocket leaves
- 300g fresh tuna (you can also use salmon if you prefer)
- 6 asparagus spears, boiled and finely diced
- ¼ each of red, yellow and green pepper, finely diced
- 30ml fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 handfuls rocket leaves
- lime wedges, to serve
Mix together the tuna, asparagus, peppers, chives and chilli.
Drizzle with the lime juice and season.
Divide the asparagus mixture between 4 plates and top with the rocket leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
It is important to make sure that all your chopped ingredients are really finely chopped.