Warm fennel and fresh peas with Gruyere
- 4 fennel bulbs, halved
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh cream
- 400g fresh garden peas, blanched
- 200g Gruyère, shaved
- fennel fronds, chopped, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the fennel in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and season. Pour the cream over and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and preheat the grill.
Sprinkle the fennel with the peas and cheese, and grill until the cheese has melted. Garnish with fennel fronds and serve warm with coriander, rosemary and garlic ostrich fillet with minted yoghurt.
To drink: Waterford Pecan Stream Chenin Blanc will stand up to the Gruyère and complement the peas and fennel.