This poached fruit with a savoury twist shows the versatility of Knorr Italian Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – the results are sure to tantalise your taste buds!
Warm stone fruit, herbed millet, lentil and mozzarella salad
- 125ml (½ cup) Knorr Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- 6 peaches, nectarines or plums (or an assortment of them), cut into halves and quarters
- 500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 210g (1 cup) millet
- 1 x 400g tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- handful fresh chives, chopped
- handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 120g buffalo mozzarella/fior di latte, torn into bite-sized pieces
Pour the Knorr Creamy Italian Salad Dressing and water into a medium saucepan placed over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to the boil. Remove from heat, add the stone fruit and combine. Set aside until needed.
Place a small, lidded pot over medium-high heat and pour the vegetable stock into it. Cover with the lid and bring to the boil. Add the millet to the boiling water, reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20 – 30 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and drain off any excess cooking liquid using a sieve.
Use a fork to fluff up the cooked millet and combine gently with the lentils and chopped herbs.
Place the millet mixture in a serving bowl to serve with the stone fruit and buffalo mozzarella/fior di latte. Serve immediately.
At your next braai, place roasting veggies on a large foil sheet, drizzle with Knorr Creamy Italian Salad Dressing, a few knobs of butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Add a garlic clove and a few fresh rosemary sprigs, then enclose to create a parcel. Wrap the parcel in foil again to create a double layer. Place on the coals for about 30 minutes for an easy and delicious braai side dish.