Wild mushroom, truffle and kale open lasagne
- Mushroom, truffle and kale sauce
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 200g mixed wild mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small bunch kale, roughly chopped into bite-size pieces and pre-blanched
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 60ml (¼ cup) white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 375ml (1½ cups) fresh cream
- small handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) black truffle oil, to taste
- 12 lasagne sheets
- 50g Parmesan, freshly grated, to top
- microherbs, to garnish
For the sauce, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and gently sauté the chopped shallots. Add the wild and button mushrooms, increase the heat and continue to sauté until they start to colour. Add the kale and heat through, 2 – 3 minutes. Add the garlic and white wine and cook until all of the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste. Add the cream and allow to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has reduced slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the lasagne sheets according to packet instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Reheat the sauce and stir through the parsley and truffle oil. Taste and add more truffle oil, if desired.
To assemble, place one sheet of lasagne on a plate and top with a little mushroom and kale filling. Repeat this process again until you have 2 or 3 layers of pasta. Top with a little more sauce. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and microherbs and serve immediately.