Winter green vegetable minestrone with broken spaghetti
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, very finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1,5L vegetable stock, hot
- 150g mixed peas, sugar snaps and green beans
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 150g spaghetti, broken up
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) freshly made pesto
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Parmesan, grated
- fresh crusty bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onion and celery, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and cook for a minute.
Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the peas, sugar snaps, green beans and potatoes, and cook, about 15 minutes. Season.
Add the spaghetti and cook until the pasta is al dente.
Divide the herbs among four bowls and ladle in the hot soup, top with the pesto and Parmesan.
Serve hot with fresh crusty Italian brea