PAIR WITH Olive Brook Le GeminusSeafood Paella 2010 is a Bordeaux style wine made from sauvignon blanc and semillon
THE FLAVOUR COMBINATIONS
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock (we used a SPAR Chicken Stock Cube)
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) saffron threads
- 15ml (1 tbsp) SPAR Italian Extra
- Virgin Olive Oil
- 200g SPAR Mini Pork Sausages, defrosted and sliced
- 1 SPAR Freshline Onion, peeled
- and chopped
- 2 SPAR Freshline Garlic Cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 SPAR Freshline Red
- Pepper, chopped
- 200g SPAR Long Grain
- Parboiled Rice
- 125ml (½ cup) Olive Brook Sauvignon Blanc Sur Lie
- 1 x 410g SPAR Whole
- Peeled Tomatoes
- 10ml (2 tsp) smoked paprika
- 800g SPAR Seafood Mix
- 454g SPAR Black Mussels
- 150g SPAR Frozen Garden Peas
- handful chopped parsley,
- to garnish
- 2 quartered lemons, to squeeze
Combine the chicken stock and saffron threads in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside to infuse.
Heat the olive oil in a large, shallow frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the pork sausages, 5 – 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the onion, garlic and red pepper, and fry, 5 minutes or until softened.
Add the long grain parboiled rice and stir, 1 minute. Add the Olive Brook Sauvignon Blanc Sur Lie and cook, 2 minutes. Add the whole peeled tomatoes, smoked paprika and saffron-infused chicken stock. Squash the tomatoes with a fork, breaking them up quite finely. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer, 20 – 25 minutes or until the rice is just tender.
Return the sausages to the pan with the seafood mix, black mussels and baby peas. Stir to combine, and simmer for another 5 – 7 minutes or until the seafood is heated through. Serve the paella with fresh parsley and lemon wedges for squeezing.
Win a R1,000 SPAR voucher!
Tell us which SPAR ingredient you love to cook with the most from this recipe and you will be entered into a draw to win a R1,000 SPAR voucher.