The now well-known four Retief cousins joined forces in the mid 90’s. One after the other, after completing their studies, they joined the family farm, Van Loveren. Their first big endeavour was introducing the much-loved Four Cousins range of wines in 2000. Released in a rather impressive 1,5-litre bottle, it made a lot of noise and today it’s South Africa’s biggest selling bottled wine brand. In fact, Four Cousins is also affectionately known as the country’s favourite vino in a bottle.
The legendary Four Cousins have now added a brand new home, a new landmark in the heart of Robertson. They invite you to come visit the most chilled spot in the valley, where you might even spot a cousin while there.
You can dine on wholesome food at the family-friendly restaurant where they welcome all tastes and therefore pride themselves on delicious wood-fired pizzas, generous homemade burgers, juicy stakes, scrumptious house specialities, freshly prepared salads and serve the most amazing breakfast in the morning. The complete range of Four Cousins products, as well as the craft Boet Beer on tap is available.
The property also boasts an elegant tasting room where you can enjoy a range of food & wine pairings which includes a non-alcoholic adult tasting and even a Kids Grape Juice Pairing. Alternatively, you are welcome to enjoy a Boet Beer Tasting or try their exquisite Whiskey Pairings. Tasting platters are priced from R20 – R55 per person.
They are open 7 days a week with ample secure parking, aircon in the summer, under floor heating in the winter, an outdoor deck and free Wi-Fi available at the premises.
Their operating hours are
Monday – Friday: 08:30 – 17:30
Saturday: 09:30 – 16:00
Sunday: 11:00 – 15:00
Public Holidays: 09:30 – 16:00
@ Four Cousins Restaurant:
Monday – Friday 08:30 – 21:30
Saturday 08:30 – 21:30
Sunday: 08:30 – 17:00
Public Holidays: 08:30 – 21:30
Win a wonderful winelands getaway with @Four Cousins
WIN! One lucky reader will stand a chance to win a 2 night’s stay for 2 people in Robertson plus an amazing experience worth R4 250! More info below:
– 2 nights’ accommodation (self-catering) for 2 people
– cellar and garden tour followed by a food and wine pairing at Van Loveren Family Vineyards
– bike rental or hike permit at Van Loveren Family Vineyards
– craft brewery tour followed by a Boet beer tasting at @Four Cousins (Mon-Fri only)
– dinner for 2 (starter and main or main and dessert) plus a bottle of wine of your choice
– breakfast or lunch at Christina’s Bistro at Van Loveren Family Vineyards (1 meal per person and 1 refreshment)
– mixed case of wines from @Four Cousins (12 bottles)
Terms and conditions:
- Valid for 2 people only
- No cash exchange
- No wine exchange
- Accommodation is subject to availability (dates are then non change-able)
- Dinner @Four Cousins restaurant includes a starter and main or main and dessert for 2 plus a bottle of wine of your choice
- Breakfast or lunch at Christina’s Bistro includes 1 meal per person and one beverage / drink or one bottle of wine for 2
- Meal vouchers need to be used on the weekend of accommodation stay
- Bike rental, cellar and garden tour times will need to be scheduled one day in advanced
- Self-catering acc
Oops! We could not locate your form.ommodation
To enter, simply complete the entry form below. Terms and conditions apply. Competition ends 31 October 2017.