Here’s how we make perfect pancakes every time – easy pancake recipe:
Put 100g cake flour and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Break 2 eggs in the middle and add 80ml milk and 10ml oil. Whisk gradually, combining all the ingredients to form a smooth thick paste. Add a little more milk if it is very stiff, then add 220ml milk and continue to whisk until you have a smooth batter with a slightly thick cream consistency. Heat a small frying pan or preferably a cast-iron pancake pan over medium heat. Pour a little oil on a piece of kitchen towel and wipe the frying pan.
Ladle some batter into the frying pan, tilting the pan to move the mixture around to form a thin and even layer. Pour any excess batter very quickly back into the bowl. Cook for about 30 seconds then flip the pancake over to cook for a further 30 seconds. Turn the pancake out onto a plate and cover with a kitchen towel while continuing with the rest of the batter. Makes about 10 medium-sized pancakes.
• Pancakes can be stored in plastic wrap in the freezer for one month.
• Work out any lumps from the batter before adding the 220ml milk.
• Using the correct pan will make a difference to the cooking and sticking of the pancakes.
• Make sure that the pan is not smoking as this burns the batter instead of browning it.
• To reheat pancakes, preheat the oven to 180°C. Stack the pancakes on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Warm for 10 – 15 minutes.
• Serve pancakes with: Lemon zest and sugar, chopped bananas, caramel and ice cream or onion, cheese, bacon and crème fraîche.