Held on the second Sunday of May each year, mother’s day is a celebration honouring and showing appreciation towards one’s mother, motherhood, maternal bonds as well as matriarchal figures in society. Here is a home-made rosemary-mint bath salts recipe for the wonderful women in your life…
rosemary-mint bath salts
- 22,5ml (1½ tbsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 2 – 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, roughly chopped
- 2 – 3 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- drop rosemary essential oil
- drop peppermint essential oil
- 180g Epsom salts
In a pestle and mortar, grind the bicarbonate of soda with the herbs and oils until fragrant and combined. Mix in the Epsom salts.
To use, run a warm bath and sprinkle 30ml – 45ml (2 tbsp – 3 tbsp) into the water.