Embark on a culinary adventure with this guide on frying zucchini, designed to make your kitchen endeavours a breeze. Whether you’re a seasoned home chef or just starting your journey, these tips for frying zucchini will elevate your dish to new heights.
Don’t be intimidated—make a batch that suits your zucchini abundance, and don’t hesitate to share the goodness! In this simple yet flavourful process, we’ll guide you through washing, slicing, and coating your zucchini to perfection. And, as a bonus, explore various cooking methods—from the stovetop to the air fryer and the oven—that promise irresistibly crispy and crunchy results.
Tips for frying zucchini
Get ready for a breeze in the kitchen with this simple guide to making delicious fried zucchini. Don’t be shy – make a batch that matches the amount of zucchini you have, and consider sharing the goodness! You can opt for the convenience of pre-packaged and pre-seasoned panko or customise your breadcrumbs with the easy-to-follow recipe below. It’s as simple as that!
- Begin by washing and drying your zucchini, then trim off the ends. Slice each zucchini into ½” medallions.
- Create the egg mixture and breadcrumb blend using the provided recipe.
- Take your zucchini on a flavour-packed journey: dredge in flour, dip in the egg mixture, and evenly coat with breadcrumbs. Ensure a thorough coating by pressing down on each piece. Repeat this process with the remaining zucchini slices.
How to cook zucchini
Cooking zucchini offers a range of delicious possibilities, and you can achieve that perfect crispiness in various ways. Whether you prefer the stovetop method with a pan and oil, the convenience of an air fryer, or the oil-free option of baking in the oven, rest assured your zucchini will turn out irresistibly crispy and crunchy.
- Preheat oil in a frying pan.
- Coat zucchini slices and place them in the pan.
- Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until the coating achieves a crispy, golden-brown texture.
Air Fryer Technique:
- Preheat the air fryer to 190°C.
- Arrange zucchini slices in a single layer.
- Cook for approximately 8 minutes or until they reach a crispy, golden-brown perfection.
- Place zucchini coins in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spray with cooking spray for an oil-free alternative.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 204°C degrees.
Whichever method you choose, your zucchini will not only be crispy and crunchy but also delightfully delicious.
ALSO SEE: Tips for roasting beetroot
Written by Tia Sauls
Feature Image: Unsplash