Based in the beautiful surroundings of the town of Stellenbosch, South Africa’s premier wine tourism destination, and the country’s culinary capital, The Private Hotel School is where hospitality dreams come true.
Based in the beautiful surroundings of the town of Stellenbosch, South Africa’s premier wine tourism destination, and the country’s culinary capital, The Private Hotel School is where hospitality dreams come true. The Private Hotel School with its skilled team of professionals, teaching nationally and internationally accredited courses, is one of the more sought after hotel schools in South Africa and has helped thousands of students realise aspirations of a career in the stimulating world of hospitality. Their curriculum combines innovative and leading edge hospitality instruction with sound practical training and knowledge of the hospitality industry. This allows us to provide tomorrow’s hospitality industry leaders with the hands-on training, educational and cultural awareness skills necessary to succeed in today’s competitive global economy. At the same time they also aim to foster international goodwill and friendship. At their hospitality school students are trained to master scarce professional skills, obtaining high levels of the specialised knowledge needed to excel in the hospitality environment. Their qualifications are accredited by AHA-IHMS and allows students to complete their optional 3rd year in the USA.
But before we reveal more about The Private School, are you looking for a new school to place your child in? Are you worried about school fees? Then, measure your expectations against this guide to the most expensive school in South Africa.
But let’s go on.
What makes sets them apart from any other hospitality academy?
- TPHS is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (Reg No:2010/HE007/005) as a private higher educational institution and is registered to offer the following Hospitality studies:
– Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management,
– Advanced Certificate in Hospitality Management and an
– Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Education.
- They are the only South African school offering an Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Education.
- They are proud members of the leading South African Associations such as Fedhasa (Federated Hospitality Association of South Africa), the Association of Private Providers of Education, Training and Development (APPETD) and the South African Chefs Association (SACA).
- The Private Hotel School is accredited by the internationally renowned and respected American Hospitality Academy- International Hotel Management Schools (AHA-IHMS). IHMS schools are dedicated to providing an innovative response to the hospitality industry’s need for leaders.
- The Private Hotel School is a registered and approved centre for the renowned international City & Guilds Group.
- They have a co-operation agreement with the internationally distinguished Stellenbosch University.
- They are a member of the USA National Restaurant Association (NRA).
- TPHS serves on the Management Board of EUROCHRIE, the official federation for Europe and Africa, of the International Council for Tourism and Hospitality Educators.
As a student at The Private Hotel School you master scarce professional skills and obtain high levels of the specialised knowledge needed to excel in the hospitality industry.
ONE LEARNER & THEIR EDUCATOR CAN WIN ALL-INCLUSIVE BURSARIES FOR THE PRIVATE HOTEL SCHOOL TO THE VALUE OF R144 900!
For the first time you also stand a chance to wine an all-inclusive bursary for a Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management at TPHS worth R84 900. TPHS has joined forces with Food & Home Entertaining and the !NABA Food & Wine Festival, taking place from 5 – 6 August in Upington in the Northern Cape, for the brand new 2016 School Chefs Competition.
The competition aims to create awareness around the variety of exciting careers available in the hospitality industry. “Future careers could include working as food writers, managing their own wine training businesses, generating an income at speciality food markets or as pastry chefs, or operating coffee shops or guest houses, to name but a few. We’d like to inspire learners to explore these opportunities and to channel their passion for food into a viable career with international possibilities.”
Be sure to check out Top 15 Boarding Schools in Gauteng.