This DIY Hazelnut Spread only contains 5 ingredients!
Made with real, natural ingredients, this DIY hazelnut spread will soon become your go-to spread. With a slightly chunkier texture than you’re probably used to, we wanted to create a chocolate spread that tastes real and looks real, and that is better for you than the store-bought stuff (at least without all those additives). You will need a high powered food processor to make this recipe, as the hazelnuts take a long time (and a lot of power) to break down.
- 3 ½ cups raw hazelnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 150 dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Place hazelnuts on a baking tray, roast at 180°C for 10 min until fragrant and lightly toasted.
2. Enclose cooled roasted hazelnuts in a cloth and shake well to remove as much of the skins as possible.
3. Transfer hazelnuts to a blender and blend for about 10 minutes until a thick paste forms. Scrape down the inside of the blender often to help the process.
4. Add vanilla, salt, melted chocolate and cocoa powder, blend for another minute until smooth and combined.
5. Enjoy on some fresh toasted bread.