What’s for dessert? These mango & coconut meringue pots are guaranteed to hit that sweet spot.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 11⁄2 cups coconut yoghurt
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 120oC. Line a baking tray with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Beat egg whites in a bowl until foaming. Gradually add the sugar and beat for 6–8 minutes until sugar has dissolved. Add cream of tartar and beat for 1 minute.
3. Spoon mixture into piping bags and pipe on to the baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes or until dry to the touch. Cool in the oven with the door slightly open.
4. Divide the coconut yoghurt into jars. Top with mango, nuts and lime zest.
5. Add meringues. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
TIP: Store leftover meringues in an airtight container. They can be enjoyed with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
ALSO SEE GRANADILLA MERINGUE CAKE RECIPE