It is National Rooibos Day today (16 January) and we’re celebrating by spoiling two lucky readers with a Freshpak hamper valued at R500 each!
Celebrating this unique and proudly South African drink is easy – most South Africans love the product and drink it regularly. The health benefits of this unique South African product are known around the world.
Rooibos Day will be celebrated all over South Africa and the rest of the world on social media and everybody is invited to take part and also organise their own Rooibos Day events and share their perfect #RooibosMoment.
Did you know?
Drinking rooibos regularly has the following health benefits:
- Red rooibos tea has no oxalic acid and therefore, it can be consumed by people who have kidney stones.
- Rooibos tea is rich in many mineral contents such as iron, calcium, potassium, copper, manganese, zinc, magnesium, and alpha hydroxy acid
- It lowers blood pressure
- It improves bone health
- Treats colic
You can even cook with it too!
Try out these scrumptious recipes on this special day:
- Fig, caramel and Rooibos French toast bake
- Amarula malva pudding with Rooibos custard
- Rooibos milk tart soufflé
- Rooibos and star anise jelly
- Rooibos tea-smoked salmon
Why not make a refreshing ice tea with your favourite Freshpak rooibos variant?
All you’ll need is five tea bags, boiling water, honey, lime juice, vanilla essence and a cup of berries! Pour into a couple of drinking jars, pull up the lounger and chillax next to the pool after a sweltering day! Just take a sip and you’ll know that goodness comes naturally with Freshpak Rooibos Tea! To get the full recipe and a plethora of other tantalising homemade iced tea ideas, visit: https://www.facebook.com/freshpak.rooibos
We’re giving away two rooibos tea hampers from Freshpak valued at R500 each! To enter, simply complete the entry form below. Terms and conditions apply. Competition ends 30 January 2018.
Oops! We could not locate your form.