Take your dinner-party guests on a journey these with pork dumplings.
- 250g flour
- 250 ml water
- 300g pork mince
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 10g coriander, chopped
- 10g mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 125 ml rice vinegar
- 125 ml soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Combine flour and water. Knead until smooth, about 15 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl and leave to rest for 45 minutes.
2. Fry the mince for 2 minutes. Add garlic and fry until the pork is cooked through.
3. Remove from the heat and add coriander, mint, fish sauce, chillies and sugar.
4. Cut the rested dough into 20 equal portions.
5. Prepare dumplings one at a time, as the dough dries out quickly. On a floured surface, roll out each portion into a disc about 1 mm thick and 10 cm in diameter. Place 1 tbsp mince mixture on each disc. Seal by folding over and overlapping the edges with wet fingers. Make sure to keep the filling to the folded side.
6. Place in a steamer and cook for 7–10 minutes, or until the dough is transparent.
7. To make a dipping sauce, combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Serve with the dumplings.
[Image by Alla Razgonova via unsplash]