TO DRINK: A tricky wine match, but try Boschendalâs Sauvignon Blanc
Artichoke, preserved lemon and olive salad
- 1 x 410g tin artichokes in brine, drained and patted dry
- 200ml olive oil
- 100g assorted deli olives
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 5ml (1 tsp) Italian mixed herb seasoning
- 2 pieces preserved lemon, cut into strips
Heat a grill pan until smoking. Briefly grill the artichokes and set aside.
In a bowl, combine all the other ingredients and toss to combine together with the artichokes.
Arrange on plates and serve with crusty bread and dolmades.