The secret to these Asian-style lettuce cups is all in the seasoning. The tender meat becomes all the more delicious when some unique spice blends are added.
Asian-style lettuce cups
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- 300g lean beef mince
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fish sauce
- 30ml (2 tbsp) soya sauce
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 5cm piece ginger, grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- lettuce, to serve
- 150g cooked vermicelli rice
- noodles, to serve
- fresh coriander, to serve
- These are great for a lunch
- fresh red chilli, sliced, to serve
- soya sauce, to serve
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and add the oil. Sear the mince for 3 minutes.
When brown, transfer the mince to a colander to drain any excess liquid. Return the mince to a hot pan and add the chilli, fish and soya sauces, garlic, ginger and seasoning.
Continue to brown the meat over a highheat until dry and slightly ‘crisp’.
Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
To serve, allow guests to fill their lettuce cups with mince, noodles, coriander and chilli, and a drizzle of soya sauce.