Recipes Thulisa Martins
Asparagus soup shots
- 15ml (1 tbsp) SPAR Olive Oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 370g tin SPAR Asparagus Medium Spears, drained
- 250ml (1 cup) vegetable stock
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- small handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- small handful chives, roughly chopped, to garnish
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and fry the onion and garlic, 10 minutes. Add the asparagus spears, stock and cream, season to taste and allow to cook, 5 minutes.
Blitz the mixture in a blender until smooth. Stir in the parsley and serve in mini double-walled shot glasses sprinkled with chives.
Do not boil the cream when heating with the rest of the ingredients.