Aubergine and lentil Mediterranean stacks
- 4 medium aubergines, thickly sliced
- into discs
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- 1 x 400g tin lentils, drained and
- 125ml (½ cup) sun-dried tomatoes
- in oil, chopped
- a small handful of marjoram leaves
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vinegar
- 125g chevin (goat’s milk cheese) or
- feta, coarsely crumbled
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the aubergines on a baking tray and brush with oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast in the oven until soft, about 20 – 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Combine the lentils, sun-dried tomatoes and oil, marjoram and vinegar, and set aside.
Stack the aubergine discs into 4 jars, alternating the layers with the lentil mixture and crumbled chevin.
Seal and serve at room temperature.