Makes a delicious light lunch when added to a salad.
Aubergine, mozzarella and tomato stacks
- 1 large aubergine, sliced into medium rounds
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large mozzarella balls, sliced into medium rounds
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced into medium rounds
- fresh lime wedges, to serve
- fresh mint, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the aubergine slices on a baking tray. Drizzle with 30ml (2 tbsp) of olive oil and season well.
Bake until the aubergines are soft and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
To arrange, stack one aubergine round, seasoned well, followed by a round of cheese, seasoning, another aubergine, a tomato slice and a final cheese layer.
Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and serve with lime wedges and mint.