Perfect for lunch.
Bacon, rocket and goat’s feta paninis
- 500g white bread flour (Eureka Mills, if possible)
- a pinch of salt
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) dried yeast
- 30ml (2 tbsp) white sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) warm water
- a few drops of olive or avocado oil
- olive or avocado oil, for brushing
- 300g grilled shoulder or non-fatty streaky bacon
- 1 pillow pack fresh rocket leaves
- 200g goat’s feta cheese, sliced
- 1 medium – large avocado, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- vinaigrette of choice, to serve
For the panini, mix together the dry ingredients and make a well in the centre. Add the warm water and oil, and mix until you have a smooth dough.
Divide the dough into 4, flatten and shape into paninis, about 4cm thick. Set aside, covered, for an hour.
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
Bake the paninis in the preheated oven, about 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven, slice horizontally in half and brush the insides with oil.
Layer the bottom half of the panini with grilled bacon, rocket, feta and avocado, and drizzle with vinaigrette. Season and top with the other half of the panini.
Fill paninis with grilled tomato, artichokes or baby marrows for a vegetarian option.