A wonderful mix of zesty flavours, this Baker Street cocktail is delicious. It’s another creation by Domenico de Lorenzo & Dino Barista of Molecular Bars, so you know it’s got character. You’ll need to consult the Mama Africa recipe for the lemongrass syrup. Happy mixing!
Bakers Street cocktail - Molecular Bars Feature
- 20ml lemongrass syrup (see Domenico’s tip below)
- 25ml (full shot glass) Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 25ml (full shot glass) Martini Bianco vermouth
- 12,5ml (½ a shot glass) lime juice
- 12,5ml (½ a shot glass) egg white
- 1 strip of orange peel (without the pith)
- 2 strips of lemon peel (without the pith)
- ice cubes
- Bakers Lemon Cream biscuits, to serve
Add the lemongrass syrup, gin, vermouth, lime juice, egg white, orange and lemon zest to a cocktail shaker, and dry shake. Add the ice cubes and wet shake.
Strain the cocktail into a coupe glass and serve with a lemon cream biscuit on the side.
Domenico's tip: To make the lemongrass syrup, add 2 sticks of lemongrass to the sugar syrup recipe in the Mama Africa cocktail and allow the mixture to simmer.