When life throws you a burger, eat it!
Beef, pork and rocket burgers
- 800g beef mince
- 300g pork mince
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) dried oregano
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh-flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 40g Parmesan, freshly grated
- 80g breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100ml sunflower oil, for frying
- 150ml good-quality mayonnaise
- 6 small gherkins, finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 6 Portuguese rolls, halved
- fresh rocket leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
Combine all the patty ingredients in a bowl and mix well with your hands. Form round patties and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the patties until cooked, about 10 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel.
In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, gherkins and mustard and spread this over the inside of the rolls. Place a patty on each roll, garnish with the rocket and tomato and serve immediately.