TO DRINK: A fruity rosé complements the sweet earthiness of the beetroot
Beetroot, fig and radish salad
- 150g good-quality white chocolate
- 50g almonds, toasted
- a pinch of sea salt
- 50ml olive oil
- 25ml walnut oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) rice vinegar
- 25ml honey
- 5ml (1 tsp) miso paste
- 12 garden radishes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mixed leaves – mint, mizuna, rocket
- 6 medium beetroots, boiled, peeled and halved
- 6 fresh figs, sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) white sesame seeds, toasted
Gently melt the chocolate and add the almonds. Spoon onto non-stick paper on a baking tray, sprinkle with salt and allow to set.
Prepare a simple dressing by whisking together the olive oil, walnut oil, rice vinegar, honey and miso paste, and set aside.
Combine the radishes, leaves, beetroot and figs in a large bowl and toss through the dressing.
To serve, top with the toasted sesame seeds and slices of white chocolate almonds.