Don’t go camping without foil or baking paper. It makes life so much easier, because not only can you cook food in it, you can also serve in it.
Beetroot parcels with cream cheese
- 500g baby beetroots, halved
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- handful fresh thyme
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250ml (1 cup) smooth cream cheese, to serve
Place a layer of baking paper on a work surface and top with the beetroot, garlic and thyme in the middle of the paper. Drizzle with the oil and season. Fold the parcels like asandwich until they are tightly closed.
Place the parcel among the coals. Cook for about 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes. The beets should be soft. Serve with dollops of cream cheese and more fresh thyme.