Beetroot salad with citrus and poppy-seed vinaigrette is a bright and fresh dish bursting with flavour. Making your own vinaigrette is a way to guarantee some delicious homemade flavour. A lovely light lunch.
Recipe by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Beetroot salad with citrus and poppy-seed vinaigrette
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Westfalia Avocado oil Herb-flavoured infusion
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 30ml (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 125ml (½ cup) balsamic vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) poppy seeds
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium candy-striped beetroots
- 2 medium golden beetroots
- 2 medium red beetroots
- 2 avocados, skin and pip removed and sliced
- handful fresh basil
- handful rocket
- 100g walnuts, toasted
- 100g Parmesan shavings
For the vinaigrette, whisk together all of the ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
For the salad, slice the beetroots into very thin slices using a sharp knife or mandoline. Arrange on a plate with the remaining salad ingredients and drizzle with the citrus vinaigrette.