- 150g castor sugar, sifted
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250ml (1 cup) Crème de Cassis de
- Bourgogne/berry-flavoured liqueur
- 100g frozen berries
- Cream mixture
- 300ml fresh cream
- 6 egg whites
- 500g LANCEWOOD Mascarpone
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 x 280g vanilla madeira sponge, cut into 5cm rounds
- handful fresh strawberries, sliced
- handful fresh raspberries, to serve
For the syrup, melt all of the ingredients together in a saucepan over low heat until syrupy, 5 minutes.
For the cream mixture, whip the fresh cream until stiff peaks form. Whip the egg whites separately until stiff peaks form. Whisk the mascarpone slightly until soft. Fold the fresh cream into the mascarpone and then into the egg whites. Set aside in the fridge.
To assemble, place a sponge round in the bottom of individual glasses. Place some strawberry slices up the sides of the glass. Spoon some cream mixture in (or use a piping bag to pipe the cream for a neater presentation) and top with the syrup. Serve garnished with fresh raspberries.
Cook’s tip: To get more flavour into the sponge, soak in the cooled syrup. Tap into the trend of using mismatched glassware in which to serve this dessert.