We’ve given this time-honoured cocktail some fun twists with a bold Sriracha kick and by replacing the traditional celery and Worcester sauce with fennel and balsamic vinegar
Recipe and styling by Nomvuselelo Mncube
- handful ice cubes
- 120ml vodka
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- large pinch smoked paprika
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1L (4 cups) tomato juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- sticks of 1 baby fennel stalk, to garnish
- handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- lime wedges, to garnish
Fill 4 tall glass tumblers with the ice cubes. Set aside.
Combine the vodka, freshly squeezed lemon juice, paprika, lemon zest, balsamic vinegar, Sriracha sauce, tomato juice and seasoning together in a large bowl. Stir until well combined. Divide the mixture among the 4 glasses.
Garnish each glass with the fennel sticks, parsley and lime wedges. Serve immediately.