Recipe by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Blueberry and ricotta baked doughnuts with salted caramel-chocolate ganache
- Blueberry and ricotta doughnuts
- 300g cake flour
- 100g sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 30g butter, melted
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 250g fresh blueberries
- 400g ricotta, crumbled
- Salted caramel-chocolate ganache
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh cream
- 400g caramel chocolate, finely chopped
- pinch Maldon Sea Salt + extra, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a standard doughnut pan.
For the doughnuts, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix in the buttermilk, eggs, butter and vanilla, then fold in the blueberries and ricotta. Spoon the mixture into the doughnut wells in the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan, 30 minutes.
For the ganache, scald the cream in a small pot. Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour over the hot cream. Stir until smooth, then add the salt and mix to combine.
Dip the doughnuts into the caramel-chocolate ganache and sprinkle with sea salt.