We love this family braai marinade from Thabo Molemohi in Johannesburg.
- 45ml (3 tbsp) chutney
- 45ml (3 tbsp) tomato sauce
- 45ml (3 tbsp) mustard
- 45ml (3 tbsp) chilli sauce (optional and according to preference)
- 45ml (3 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 chicken/beef/mutton stock cube, crumbled
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 each of green, red and yellow peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 2 or 3 red or green chillies (optional and according to taste)
- 2kg meat cutlets of choice or chicken portions
Mix the chutney, tomato sauce, mustard, chilli sauce and vinegar into a thick paste. Season and add the stock, onion and peppers. Mix well.
Rub the mixture over the meat and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
Prepare the coals for the braai.
When the coals are ready, remove the meat from the marinade and braai, turning occasionally, until cooked according to your preference.