Breakfast crumpets by Anchor Yeast
- 500g cake flour (4 cups)
- 10ml salt (2 tsp)
- 60ml sugar (4 tbsp)
- 10g Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)
- 125ml warm milk (½ cup)
- 310ml cold water (1 ¼ cup)
- 30ml oil (2 tbsp)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 125ml cranberry health mix (dried cranberries, peanuts, almonds, raisins and pumpkin seeds)
- oil, to fry
- 125ml fresh cream, whipped
- berry jam, to serve
- 100g dark baking chocolate, melted
Mix flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
Combine the warm milk, cold water, oil and beaten eggs together and add to the flour mixture to form a batter. Mix well until smooth.
Cover the bowl with plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
Add the cranberry health mix and mix until well distributed.
Heat a little oil in a fry pan; griddle or an electric fry pan and pour spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan. Fry until bubbles appear on the surface of the crumpets. Turn over and fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
Serve warm with whipped cream, berry jam and melted chocolate.