TO DRINK: Pair the bruschetta with tomato and garlic cream cheese, olives, feta and basil with Thelema Mountain Red as a lighter-styled, fresh red wine always works with tomato dishes.
Bruschetta with tomato and garlic cream cheese, olives, feta and basil
- Cream cheese
- 180g baby tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, skins kept on
- 5ml (1 tsp) sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 1 rosemary stalk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250g sweet chilli or plain cream cheese
- 4 thick slices of ciabatta, grilled
- 250ml (1 cup) pitted black olives
- 1½ round of feta, crumbled
- handful of fresh basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Toss together the tomatoes, garlic, sugar, oil and rosemary. Roast for about 10 – 15 minutes. Season and cool.
Remove the garlic skins and mix with the cheese and tomatoes. Season.
Spread the mixture onto the bread, top with the olives, feta and fresh basil.